Monday, February 9, 2009

I Feel Like I've Been on a Roller Coaster

You know that feeling of excitement and anticipation you get when it is climbing up the hill? Then the huge tickle of butterflies in your stomach when you zoom down the hill? That feeling of light headedness? That is how I feel. (No, I have not been drinking)

We just came back from such a fun weekend. Kendall's first birthday. I saw her walk for the first time. When she walked up to me and let me scoop her up in my arms my heart leaped. I have loved this past year and watching her grow, but I must say she is in my very favorite stage. This time between 12 months and 2 is so much fun. Walking, talking and developing into such a "little" person. The next 12 months will be even more amazing than the first. I can't wait for us to really talk on the phone. For her to call my name with her sweet voice. For her to spend the night with Gigi and Peeps (without mom & dad) for the first time. We have so many firsts to have and I look forward to every one of them.

Whoops...then the coaster goes around the curve at break neck speed and you try to catch your breath before the next twist. That twist is my Gracie. I can hardly keep from crying at the thought that I am going to see her sweet face in a few short days. I am thrilled to be getting a new grandaughter. I have prayed for her and her mommy so much over the last 9 months. As you know she needs to flip so she can be born the way her mommy and daddy had planned. If she doesn't then Valerie will be having a C-section. My heart hurts for her because I know this isn't what she planned. Whatever happens I am confident that God has planned the perfect way for Gracie to arrive. I'm confident because we have asked for it and I have faith that He will provide.

So for right now I'm going to keep on riding....

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't say that I am overwhelmed, but definitely whelmed, I can't believe that we will be seeing her so very soon! It is hard to imagine that everything I have ever wanted is about to be true! Especially after the trials we had to overcome to get her, it is just a reminder that God is bigger than all of it! Thank you and Peeps both for all of your love and support and never second guessing us! My Gracie is so blessed to be yours!

    ReplyDelete