Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And so it goes.....

I'm trying my hand at this blogging thing. I may not be any better at it than my son-in-law. I invite you to read my ramblings, but mostly this is a way I can say all the things that never seem to make it out of my head.

I am so excited about my life. My beautiful sweet grandaughter Kendall is about to turn 1. And my sweet and beautiful (I'm certain of it) grandaughter Gracie is about to make her appearance in this world. Where has the time gone? As a mother of two kids I know how fast it can fly by. But it still amazes me.

I have always heard how fun being a grandparent is but you just can't imagine it until you experience it. The love that fills your heart when you look at your own child just doubles, triples, maybe explodes when you look at their child. It is such an expression of love, the Love God has for us, we have for Him, we have for our spouse and of course for our children.

I was not the perfect parent, but in spite of my mistakes my kids turned out completely wonderful. I know I won't be a perfect grandparent either but I'm sure going to give it my best shot. One thing is for sure, I'm going to keep thanking God for all the blessings of my life.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I am SURE you will be better at it that you son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "than your" and you know it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is fun you have a blog! I hope you have enough time to keep up with it! Ha, Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging, Anita! I look forward to keeping up with all that's going on in Gigi's World!

    ReplyDelete